About Me

My photo
I'm single, broke, and in my early 30s... but thankfully decided a while ago to sort my life out once and for all; in particular to sort out my finances, and to move forward into a debt free life. I'm hoping writing a blog will help spur me on through my social life cutbacks, my successful and not-so-successful attempts at dating, my new addiction to the Sainsbury's Basics range, and the general insanity caused by the stress of money troubles.

Sunday 19 May 2013

All gone a bit belly up

Well I haven't posted for sometime, as I've not really been behaving myself on the financial front, and was feeling a bit sheepish!

Partly well, my fault, and partly through no fault of my own I've spent a lot of money recently.

That card I mentioned I had splurged on in my last post?  Well it got up to just over £900!  I did transfer it to a 0% card though, so have until February to pay it off.  Not quite the point though.

Then I was thinking that was all taken care of and I could have a fresh start back on the financial bandwagon, but no, my car decided to break down.  Cue a nightmare day trying to get it fixed/recovered (as was miles from home) etc etc. but eventually I managed to get a local garage on the case and they recovered me and lent me a courtesy car.  However, despite getting a 'mates rate' labour charge the work still totted up to almost £360.  Unhappy Debt Girl.

Later that day I was relaxing in the evening, trying to forget the £360 I'd just spent on the credit card I had just balance transfered from, and then I got a text from my tenant (yes, I don't live in my property, but rent it out, and rent somewhere else myself, weird I know).  There is a pipe leaking through the ceiling that she had just discovered and it needs fixing pronto.  She had a builder she knows come to look at it and he's giving me a quote for the work tomorrow *deep breath*.  This isn't quite as dire as the car as I have about £900 saved in a specific account for flat repairs.  However, I was saving that for the inevitable day that the boiler dies (apparently the new housebuilders put in cheap tat).

Add to all of this that my boss at job numero 2 told me yesterday that our store hours are going to be cut, and I, along with everyone else, will have to take a cut in contracted hours.  That means my contract of 8 hours a week is going to go down to 6 hours.  This wouldn't have been so bad in the good old days when we had less staff and I frequently got 14-18 hours whilst on an 8 hour contract.  However, we had to take on someone from another store in January which swallowed up all our spare hours, meaning I've been nearly bang on 8 hours every week already :(  If no-one leaves (many of us are job hunting and have been for some time) my weekly budget will be even smaller than £30... I think Project Ebay will need to resume!

Starting to wonder if I need to find myself a THIRD job???  Sad thing is I already don't have much of a life, and don't want it to be any more limited timewise than it already is!  I have so much admin to do in my own time from job 1, which I need time to do.  Given that job 1 pays me £25k I need to keep in my boss's good books!

In regards to the car costs, I whacked them on a 19.9% credit card, but have already submitted a balance transfer (been approved, just waiting for the money to move) to credit card 1 at 0% until February.  With the splurge-fest of £900 and the car repairs, this card that was due to be paid off in June, is now back up again :(

I felt rather sick the other day when I worked out that if I hadn't have had a couple of small splurges in the last couple of years plus this year's smallish January splurge, and the recent £900 large splurge, I'd be out of debt already, GULP.  Still, the road to debtfreeness is never easy and I guess I should still feel proud of how far I've come.  New projections are to be debt free by early November... still not bad given that I originally owed £19.5k.

1 comment:



  1. HOW TO GET BLANK ATM CARD AND WITHDRAW
    UNLIMITED CASH
    This is the happiest moment of my life having no longer to worry about paying bills as i have been settled for life. A lot has been said about atm hacking and blank card for cash withdrawal but it all seemed like a myth to me until i eventually lost my job few months back and the world seemed to be moving backwards. I went online in search of jobs and means to an end and there i found comments about blankatmdeliveryxpress and how they deliver this card in less than 7 days with no risk involved and a far much lesser price compared to what the card itself can give you, i then made contact and purchase one from them with almost my last dollars I took the risk and in exactly 6 days latter my card and a manual was delivered to my home address here in California and that same evening i used the card was able to take out $5000 for a start its been just 3 weeks and my life has taken a new shape. I simply want to say thank you to this electronic company and help spread their fame abroad. If you ever are in need of this card contact them via email :blankatmdeliveryxpress@gmail.com
    Don't mail them if you not really ready for this card is gonna cost you money to buy the card note that,they offer card to firms, orphans,individual and business personnels mail them immediately .

    ReplyDelete