About Me

My photo
I'm single, broke, and in my early 30s... but thankfully decided a while ago to sort my life out once and for all; in particular to sort out my finances, and to move forward into a debt free life. I'm hoping writing a blog will help spur me on through my social life cutbacks, my successful and not-so-successful attempts at dating, my new addiction to the Sainsbury's Basics range, and the general insanity caused by the stress of money troubles.

Sunday 20 October 2013

In other news...

I'm still single and haven't been on a date in months (to be fair I get some interest, just from no-one I like), I'm still living in the same town, still in the same job and stressed and tired, still working a second job on top, and still getting nowhere with job applications to replace my main job! Obviously I'm still broke too... or I wouldn't still be blogging!

Still, I should count my blessings - I have good friends, reasonable relationships with my family, I own my own property (even if I don't live there and rent somewhere else), I have a career, and I like the majority of my career job even though I don't think I'm paid enough and it saps vast quantities of my time and energy.

I feel comfortable, but in a comfortable rut nonetheless.  I am not discontent with my life, but neither am I contented.  I long for more.  Never before have I had so much difficulty trying to change my life though!  I've seen 4 more jobs I want to apply for so am going to try and crack on with that this week... am hoping as they are a little lower level than ones I've been getting turned down for I might have a tiny sliver of a chance... fingers crossed!

1 comment: