About Me

My photo
I'm single, broke, and in my early 30s... but thankfully decided a while ago to sort my life out once and for all; in particular to sort out my finances, and to move forward into a debt free life. I'm hoping writing a blog will help spur me on through my social life cutbacks, my successful and not-so-successful attempts at dating, my new addiction to the Sainsbury's Basics range, and the general insanity caused by the stress of money troubles.

Saturday 8 December 2012

Off the rails

So, I've not only not been writing my blog, but I have also fallen off the wagon in terms of sticking to a weekly budget and saving money.

Instead I decided to get a few things for my wardrobe on Ebay, and have just been buying stuff without consulting my finances.  Bad debt girl!

However, the good news is that I haven't been spending any money I don't have, and have still been paying down my debt.  As of this month, it's now just below £7k, not too bad considering when I started paying off my debts I owed about £19.5k!

Just over 1 year to go, provided everything goes according to plan.  But that wouldn't be normal life now would it?!

Looking back at my last post, I can update you now that I didn't get the other job I interviewed for, but did manage to keep my own job working for the same company.  However, it's harder graft than it was following various changes, which is partly responsible I think for taking my eye off the ball financially; I just don't have as much time any more to be so financially geeky.

I'm no longer writing in Money Saving Expert forums, no longer getting points (and therefore money) with Swagbucks, no longer looking into a variety of ways to make extra money...

However, this weekend is a free listing weekend on Ebay, and I'm hoping to get some stuff on there today to try and claw back some savings (as I have spent most of the money I saved over the last few months).

I didn't manage to pay off my small credit card by November when the 0% ended so I have moved the balance across to a new 0% card.  It's 0% for 13 months which takes me exactly to when all my other debts finish.  I am going to try and pay £50 a month on this to get rid of it.  I can't really afford £50 a month, which is why I must try and get my Ebay on at all points possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment