About Me

My photo
I'm single, broke, and in my early 30s... but thankfully decided a while ago to sort my life out once and for all; in particular to sort out my finances, and to move forward into a debt free life. I'm hoping writing a blog will help spur me on through my social life cutbacks, my successful and not-so-successful attempts at dating, my new addiction to the Sainsbury's Basics range, and the general insanity caused by the stress of money troubles.

Monday 4 March 2013

A little bit of what you fancy...

Errrr, clearly, does not do you good!  That old age saying is clearly wrong, either that or my measurement of a 'bit' is rather larger than they intended...

I've been splurging rather a lot of money on food of late, and it's starting to show!  Spending lots of money seems to have equalled lots of unhealthy food, and that combined with not going to the gym of late as I've had so much work on, is starting to take its effect on my waistline :(

Let's put this in perspective just a little - I'm not a big girl, I'm actually very petite, so when I talk about a few extra pounds I still look normal to most people, but am just not so happy in myself.  Especially as today after work I tried on some clothes (and had had a big lunch so there was a food baby to contend with as well), and everything in my normal size was a big squeeze!

So what I'm getting at is that I think a food budget does actually help the waistline - when I'm careful with money regarding food I tend to plan ahead more rather than just buy on a whim, and that tends to lead to healthier, better planned out meals.

Talking of healthier, I've decided I must start getting 8 hours sleep, at least sometimes (I'm a diehard night owl).  So off to bed I toddle.  Night.

P.S. And must get my backside down the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment