About Me

My photo
I'm single, broke, and in my early 30s... but thankfully decided a while ago to sort my life out once and for all; in particular to sort out my finances, and to move forward into a debt free life. I'm hoping writing a blog will help spur me on through my social life cutbacks, my successful and not-so-successful attempts at dating, my new addiction to the Sainsbury's Basics range, and the general insanity caused by the stress of money troubles.

Tuesday 12 March 2013

There's an easy and a hard way...

... and I've chosen the hard way.

I'm lagging behind on admin for my main job and seem to have built up some sort of resistant frame of mind, where although I know I need to do it, I just don't want to and can't be bothered.

Last weekend I just sat in front of my computer and couldn't bring myself to do anything, even though I knew it was important and would make me feel better in the long run.

I think it might be because I'm dissatified with my job and am looking to move away and start something new.

However, that's the worst time to take my eye off the ball, as I need a good reference!

Tried to work from home today as I had an unexpected admin day due to snow cancelling my normal work.  However, I still haven't got everything done I wanted to.

I've decided to play hardball with myself... I am not going to sleep tonight until it is ALL done (well the particularly pressing stuff).  I don't have another night this week where I'm free to work on it, so it has to be tonight.

Yes, tomorrow I'll be tired.  I have to be up earlier than usual, and I have to drive on snow (unless it all miraculously disappears overnight).  This sounds like a very bad plan but forcing myself is the only way I'll get it all done.  I have Red Bull in the fridge, I'll be ok.  My work is also less complicated than usual tomorrow so I can sort of cruise through, I hope!

I'll still have work left to do and hanging over me, but it'll be the less arduous tasks.

Better get going then...


No comments:

Post a Comment