About Me

My photo
I'm single, broke, and in my early 30s... but thankfully decided a while ago to sort my life out once and for all; in particular to sort out my finances, and to move forward into a debt free life. I'm hoping writing a blog will help spur me on through my social life cutbacks, my successful and not-so-successful attempts at dating, my new addiction to the Sainsbury's Basics range, and the general insanity caused by the stress of money troubles.

Tuesday 6 March 2012

30p

That's all that's left of this week's budget, to last until Friday!  Donated £1 to charity by buying a cupcake (wasn't completely alturistic haha) and spent £2 on a sandwich.  Must make sure I take lunch with me on Thursday, or admit defeat and spend a bit of money out of budget...

Savings are currently up to £71.32 with £20 to add from my bingo winnings a while back.  Trying to do 'risk free' bingo at the moment to make a little money - basically the principle is to sign up to sites that offer free money to play with (the one I signed up with was via an account on a points site and I got £5 free to play with), or to sign up to sites via a referral, giving some bonus money to play with, and then go for it!  Some of the sites require a £10 deposit, but I am only doing this with sites that I get £10 back from immediately via referral money.  Basically the idea is, spend no money or only money I can definitely get back, and make money by signing up via cashback websites, or by being lucky enough to win some!  Lucky I don't have an addictive personality, as I imagine some people would keep spending their own money on these sites...  I personally find online bingo pretty tedious.

Credit card #2 is now at £772.50 following my 0% balance transfer of £750 for 9 months to pay off my friend and the existing balance on the card, plus the £22.50 balance transfer fee.  Decided to set up a savings account to put the money in that I'm saving up towards paying this off (as I like to have different accounts to split up my money), and decided a Cash ISA is the best way forward, as they have the best interest rates.  Have decided that rather than using this account as a temporary holding area to keep the money separate from my other spending, I might save up the money to pay off the £772.50, and then pay it all off in one hit just before my 9 months 0% interest is up.  This would give me 9 months' savings interest on the money rather than making no interest on the money by paying it off my card in bits, quicker.  I think this is the best idea, although I won't like looking at the credit card balance barely coming down over the next 9 months!  I will of course, have to pay minimum payments so it'll come down a little bit in that time, but psychologically this will be a weird thing to get my head around.

Best get sell, sell, selling to start raising the money!

No comments:

Post a Comment