About Me

My photo
I'm single, broke, and in my early 30s... but thankfully decided a while ago to sort my life out once and for all; in particular to sort out my finances, and to move forward into a debt free life. I'm hoping writing a blog will help spur me on through my social life cutbacks, my successful and not-so-successful attempts at dating, my new addiction to the Sainsbury's Basics range, and the general insanity caused by the stress of money troubles.

Friday 23 March 2012

Payday

Just been paid in both jobs today, so been moving money around to see where I stand...

£12.45 saved this week from my weekly budget... would have been more but had to contribute to a present for my boss at work.  This is in my money tin as is cash; will be paid in at a later date.

Also saved:

£15 saved in second job bank account that I didn't withdraw
£4.34 saved from main bank account that I didn't use this month
£196.22 saved from extra pay in job #1 (expenses, paid overtime and holiday sold back)

Plus £7.07 cleared from TopCashBack - just waiting for it to hit my bank account.

Have transfered all this money (except for the cash in my money pot) into my new ISA, ready to use against my credit card #2 when the 9 months interest free period ends.

Annoyingly job #2 have underpaid me this fortnight, leaving me £49.82 in my buffer account when it should be more like £88 - will have to follow this up.  £36 still left from last month's council tax free month, which is good as I can use this against my new tax disc, due in April.

All going fairly well on the financial front then.  Just got to get through an appraisal at work, and although I'm good at my job I'm so behind on my admin I'm likely to get a telling off... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment