About Me

My photo
I'm single, broke, and in my early 30s... but thankfully decided a while ago to sort my life out once and for all; in particular to sort out my finances, and to move forward into a debt free life. I'm hoping writing a blog will help spur me on through my social life cutbacks, my successful and not-so-successful attempts at dating, my new addiction to the Sainsbury's Basics range, and the general insanity caused by the stress of money troubles.

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Grrrr dating is expensive!

So I've just counted my remaining cash until Friday - £5.70.  But I'm meant to be on a date tonight and another tomorrow, yikes!

Clearly I'm going to have to dip into some other funds to tide me over.  Dating is never cheap is it?!  I know it might be different in some other countries where the guy is meant to pay, but in England and modern times that's just not how we roll.  Besides, who wants to feel indebted to their date and obliged to then kiss them, see them again etc?  Going halves keeps it much more simple.

Still, I wish it was cheaper.  I'm thinking if I only have one alcoholic drink I could get away with £20 in total for both dates, fingers crossed!  Otherwise, how is the skint singleton ever to meet someone?

Not really sure why I'm going really as they are both several years younger than me and unlikely to become long term, but I still think as a single girl it's good to go out and meet people.  Also, as people say, you have to give people a chance, and age is well, (to coin a cliché) just a number, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment