About Me

My photo
I'm single, broke, and in my early 30s... but thankfully decided a while ago to sort my life out once and for all; in particular to sort out my finances, and to move forward into a debt free life. I'm hoping writing a blog will help spur me on through my social life cutbacks, my successful and not-so-successful attempts at dating, my new addiction to the Sainsbury's Basics range, and the general insanity caused by the stress of money troubles.

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Why oh why...

...are single men down my way so goddamn flakey??

So date with man 1 was meant to happen last night.  It didn't.  He didn't contact me at all yesterday to finalise arrangements.  I didn't contact him either.  Resounding silence since.

Why didn't I contact him you may well ask...  Well, I've done that before when men have been vague about finalising arrangements to go out and it only gives them all the power (which is a bit crap), and I genuinely think if they want to see you they will get their arses in gear.  Also, it can come across as needy, pushy etc. if I keep trying to set up arrangments when they they've gone quiet on me.

Date with man 2 is meant to be happening tonight.  I hadn't heard anything from him since Sunday.  Also, he was the one who wanted to go out, but wanted me to decide what we did, where we go etc.  I agreed I would think on it and let him know.  So man 2 I did text today, to find out if we're still on for tonight and to discuss plans.  So I text him to ask if he still wants to do something.  He replies at 5.30pm asking me if I've decided what we're going to do.  I text back a suggestion (a couple of drinks somewhere), cue silence for another hour.  Eventually I get a text back apologising that he's been at the gym...  So it's now 7.22pm and I've asked him if he still wants to do something tonight or if another night would be better, and silence again.

WTF?!  What is with these people?

Oh, and I was meant to have a date on Valentine's, with a guy who had already flaked out on me twice before... I thought I'd give him one last chance, but got silence from him in the 3 days running up to Valentine's, despite me sending him a couple of messages (one a response to his previous text, and a separate one wishing him Happy Birthday as it was his birthday a couple of days before we were due to go out).  So, with his track record I didn't bother to ask him on Valentine's if we were still doing something, and he never contacted me, and we've not been in contact since.

I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

I try to be proactive in trying to get dates arranged and it seems to put men off and the dates don't happen.  I sit back and wait for them to sort it and the dates don't happen.  These are men who asked me out, not the other way around!  There seems to be no way to win, other than to give up on all these losers!  However, it's not until this point that I can establish their loser-ness.

Fun and games. 

There is one silver lining though.  No money spent!  I've £4.20 left until Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment