About Me

My photo
I'm single, broke, and in my early 30s... but thankfully decided a while ago to sort my life out once and for all; in particular to sort out my finances, and to move forward into a debt free life. I'm hoping writing a blog will help spur me on through my social life cutbacks, my successful and not-so-successful attempts at dating, my new addiction to the Sainsbury's Basics range, and the general insanity caused by the stress of money troubles.

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Cupid with a sledgehammer

So there I was whinging in earlier posts about how hard it is to meet someone and date when you have limited funds.  With this woman on my case - no longer!  Hahaha cue the random story below...

Today I was just quietly minding my own business, having some lunch (free! mmmm) at one of the venues in which I work, when all of a sudden a woman, let's call her the above title, struck.  I was having a quick chat with a male member of staff, during which she comes over, talks to me about my role, then starts telling me, in front of him too, that he's single, then suddenly asks if I'm single.  Well I don't want to lie, so I say 'yes', very much to her delight.  Said man I was talking to disappears into his nearby office (no doubt, as embarrassed as me).  She tells me she's worried about him being single and alone and would love him to go out on some dates even if they are just 'friendship dates'.  Then she tells me because we both blushed we obviously like each other!  I told her I was just embarrassed!  She even asked if I come over to eat near his office and flirt with him often!  Subtle as a brick, this one.

An hour or so later I'm in a different room busying myself with some admin when she comes in to talk to someone near me.  When she spots me up comes the conversation again!  I'm at a loss for words, I don't really know the guy and don't have any opinion on him.  She asks me if we've swapped numbers... I say I haven't spoken to him since.  She leaves with a 'don't worry, I'll sort it'...

Whoa lady, calm down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment