About Me

My photo
I'm single, broke, and in my early 30s... but thankfully decided a while ago to sort my life out once and for all; in particular to sort out my finances, and to move forward into a debt free life. I'm hoping writing a blog will help spur me on through my social life cutbacks, my successful and not-so-successful attempts at dating, my new addiction to the Sainsbury's Basics range, and the general insanity caused by the stress of money troubles.

Saturday 14 January 2012

Daring to be ladylike

So yesterday lunch time I went shopping for an interview outfit.  Yes, it's going on my credit card, bad me, but yes, I feel I really need a killer outfit to nail this interview.  Decided it was time to 'speculate to accumulate' ya-da-ya-da...

I've never been much of a dress or skirt wearer, as I don't know, I've always just felt more comfortable in trousers.  However, I've lost a few pounds recently (amazing how being single means less nights in scoffing my face with pizza) so thought I'd try a work type dress.  Went into Next, found a lovely navy blue tailored dress.  Just the ticket :)  And at £45, cheaper than buying a full suit.  Got a grey ruched shoulder jacket at home already to wear over the top, and VOILA!  Très ladylike, and super smart.

Am going to be a 'lil bad though and try and get some decent shoes to go with it today - my last pair of posh interview shoes rendered me crippled after a few minutes; I'm not going through that experience again!

No comments:

Post a Comment