About Me

My photo
I'm single, broke, and in my early 30s... but thankfully decided a while ago to sort my life out once and for all; in particular to sort out my finances, and to move forward into a debt free life. I'm hoping writing a blog will help spur me on through my social life cutbacks, my successful and not-so-successful attempts at dating, my new addiction to the Sainsbury's Basics range, and the general insanity caused by the stress of money troubles.

Wednesday 18 January 2012

No Spend Days

Am doing pretty well with the old 'living off cash' New Year resolution.  So far this week I took out £30 (below my £37.50 budget) and still have £7-odd left for tomorrow (as well as the £7.50 I didn't take out).  Success : )  Next weekly budget starts again on Friday.  I'm hoping if I don't actually take out the whole weekly budget amount again in future I might even find I can live off £30 a week instead of £37.50, and put the remainder each week towards my debts.

Probably just as well as getting ready for that interview was a total splurge-fest.  I really wanted to look the part and ended up buying a matching handbag and shoes on my credit card as well as the dress I'd already bought, ooops!  Am yet to hear back regarding the outcome; they said most likely they'll make a decision next week.

Anyway to the title of this post: No Spend Day (or NSD) is a term used on the forums on Money Saving Expert.com.  Basically the plan is really to have as many as possible in any given week, month etc.  Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the best for me to attempt this, as I get fed at the place I work at on those days.  However this Tuesday I ended up down the pub in the evening, and today I ended up buying a packet of crisps at my second job this evening as I was ravenous!  Going from one job to another straight away with no dinner has a tendency to do that to me...

In better news, I went on a night out on Saturday and spent a grand total of 45p all night!  Soda and lime, what a bargain!  Rest of the night was water and a freebie drinkie from a mate.  I swear I'm going to owe so many people drinks when I'm flush again...

No comments:

Post a Comment