About Me

My photo
I'm single, broke, and in my early 30s... but thankfully decided a while ago to sort my life out once and for all; in particular to sort out my finances, and to move forward into a debt free life. I'm hoping writing a blog will help spur me on through my social life cutbacks, my successful and not-so-successful attempts at dating, my new addiction to the Sainsbury's Basics range, and the general insanity caused by the stress of money troubles.

Saturday 11 February 2012

Birthday spends

I've been going off topic a little lately what with bemoaning my new age and single status ya-de-ya-da, so today it's back to the finances.

I knew the birthday (and the multitude of friends' birthdays around mine) would equal a splurge-fest and so far I'm proving myself right.  Spent so far:

*£7 - present for L's birthday (her b'day = 6th Feb)
*£20 - meal out for A's birthday (his b'day = 14th Feb)
*£17 - meal out last night for my birthday
*£3.90 - drinks out last night for B's birthday (his b'day =11th Feb)
*? - extra petrol required to visit L on Thursday and my parents yesterday

Still to come:
*£31 or £36.50 (for faster train) - train to London for R's birthday party tonight (her b'day = 10th Feb - she's my birthday twin)
*? - food before R's birthday party
*? - drinks at R's birthday party
*? - lunch on Sunday with S (have decided to stay in London overnight now)
*? - potential meet up on Monday with RS (his b'day = 12th Feb)
*? - petrol to holiday cottage
*? - food and drinks on holiday cottage break

Ouch! That's a lot of money : (  However, I only turn 30 once right?  That said, with all the other birthdays too, February is always an expensive month.  So far I'm using money purposefully saved up, but I fear I may have to resort to the credit card before the month is through...

At least most of my friends are like me, not all that bothered about presents.  It's more about the meeting up and enjoying each other's company : )

No comments:

Post a Comment