About Me

My photo
I'm single, broke, and in my early 30s... but thankfully decided a while ago to sort my life out once and for all; in particular to sort out my finances, and to move forward into a debt free life. I'm hoping writing a blog will help spur me on through my social life cutbacks, my successful and not-so-successful attempts at dating, my new addiction to the Sainsbury's Basics range, and the general insanity caused by the stress of money troubles.

Friday 17 February 2012

Today's the day

Today's the day I leave for my cottage break with friends.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Just so much to sort out before I go!

Hoping I'm going to have enough money to see me through... thinking the tank of petrol to get there might have to be put on my credit card, ooops, but the girls will chip in towards that.

There's one less of us going now... my best friend.  She's recently started seeing my ex and try as I might to be ok with it, it's turned into a big old mess.  Tricky when you've been friends with someone for 25 years, but bearing that in mind, she, out of everyone, should have been the last person to mess with my head or hurt me.

I sense our friendship will never be as close again :(

All the more reason to meet new people I suppose, and to enjoy this weekend with my other friends (who all back me up with this situation).  My actual birthday last week was wrecked by the ex and best friend PDAing all in front of me, so this will be my PROPER birthday celebration :)

No comments:

Post a Comment