About Me

My photo
I'm single, broke, and in my early 30s... but thankfully decided a while ago to sort my life out once and for all; in particular to sort out my finances, and to move forward into a debt free life. I'm hoping writing a blog will help spur me on through my social life cutbacks, my successful and not-so-successful attempts at dating, my new addiction to the Sainsbury's Basics range, and the general insanity caused by the stress of money troubles.

Thursday 2 February 2012

Necessary spending

It's the end of this budget week and I have £5.23 left, result!  Ok, so I may have cheated slightly ~slaps wrist~ but I needed a whole load of toiletries etc. and spent buffer money on those instead of using my weekly budget, but they all needed buying at once, and that's where a weekly budget falls down.

At least I bought some of them off Ebay, saving quite a bit on what I would have paid in the shops.

Here's a list of what I bought (exciting stuff, I know):

- £8 in Poundland on shampoo, washing up liquid, light bulbs etc.  Savers would have been cheaper but I went after work and they were shut : (
- £2.50 on a replacement pair of shoes for my second job - plimsols from Primark... yeah, I'm sexy!
- £2.99 on liquid eyeliner on Ebay (usually around £5/6 in shops)
- £6.98 on foundation on Ebay (usually around £10/11 in shops)
- £11.51 on perfume on Ebay (normally around £20/25 I think)
- £9.99 on a new loo seat on Ebay (mine is cracked and was bugging me)

This leaves me with a buffer pot of money of £101.59, down from £143.56.  Still not a bad amount left for the birthday month, and I'll be able to top up this pot of money next weekend when I get paid again from job #2.

Not feeling too down on myself about my spending, as all were things I needed and nothing was bought on a whim.

Also, excitement (!), have realised I have February and March free from monthly council tax payments as they are spread over 10 months instead of 12. : )  That'll give me some spare funds to put towards my new tax disc, the yearly jabs for my kitty, and an overdue car service, so was pleased as punch when I realised this.

And in more interesting news, I have date number 2 with the guy from a couple of weeks ago coming up this Saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment