About Me

My photo
I'm single, broke, and in my early 30s... but thankfully decided a while ago to sort my life out once and for all; in particular to sort out my finances, and to move forward into a debt free life. I'm hoping writing a blog will help spur me on through my social life cutbacks, my successful and not-so-successful attempts at dating, my new addiction to the Sainsbury's Basics range, and the general insanity caused by the stress of money troubles.

Sunday 26 February 2012

Saving splendour

Feeling rather smug at my newfound saving prowess...

In the last 6 weeks (i.e. since I started), I have saved £60.81 through a variety of means:

* my £2 coin saving resolution
* my saving everything not spent at the end of each budget week
* my saving everything not spent in my second current account (that job #2 gets paid into) at the end of each payment fortnight
* my collecting 'road kill' - random coins I find wherever

I have also made £20 through online bingo, and claimed £45 of Tesco reward points to use on dry cleaning.  My dry cleaning bill was £48.25, of which I only had to pay £3.25 :)

At some point, possibly when I get to £100, I will use this money to pay down my credit card.  Happy days.

4 comments:

  1. Hey well done on saving all that money :)
    I think it is a good idea havign a second account for your second job - therefor making it less tempting to spend. Let us know when you reach your £100 goal x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks Rachael, that's really sweet :) Are you trying to pay off debts too? Or is it just me? Lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to pay off debts aswell - I just got a job with Vie at home which I hope to pay off some of my debts with. I find selling unwanted items on eBay helps aswell. I also do my food shopping monthly as i do it online with ASDA and this saves paying 4 weekly amounts of delivery charges. I then allow myself £10pw for fresh items, the rest is all frozen or tinned.
    I think i may have to invest in a jar to save my £2 coins - do you save yours in a jar or put them in an actual account?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're being nice and careful with your finances :)

    I bought a fake tin thing on Ebay - looks like a can of food but unscrews at the bottom. I misread the write up... thought it had a slot in the top and was unopenable unless I used a tin opener, but nevermind, I'm finding I have the willpower anyway not to spend it! :)

    ReplyDelete