About Me

My photo
I'm single, broke, and in my early 30s... but thankfully decided a while ago to sort my life out once and for all; in particular to sort out my finances, and to move forward into a debt free life. I'm hoping writing a blog will help spur me on through my social life cutbacks, my successful and not-so-successful attempts at dating, my new addiction to the Sainsbury's Basics range, and the general insanity caused by the stress of money troubles.

Saturday 25 February 2012

Flurry of coins

That's £2 coins - 3 coins yesterday alone as well as some earlier in the week!  My new weekly budget started yesterday and I'm trying to get back on track after the expense of 'birthday month'.

A bit annoyingly though job #2 have only half paid me.  I was meant to be paid two weeks' holiday but have only been paid one :(  So am going to try and live off one week's budget for two weeks if I can!  A challenge is always good...  However, I'm already down to £18.68 after buying a couple of things yesterday and having to save £6 of £2 coins!

In better news though, job #1 have given us all a bonus!!!!  This is unheard of, but I think it's to make up in part for no cost of living rise on our salaries for several years.  They gave me £390, but after the taxman and student loan company have had their extra share I'm left with about £250.  I've decided to use this to pay off my ex who I owe £145 to (and to be honest I want no ties with him at the moment so this is especially useful), and going to use the other £100 to pay towards a friend I owe £450.

I still have the £29.50 left from my council tax free month at the moment which is good.  I also have £20 winging its way to me from a bingo site - a points site I use (will explain these at some other point) offered me a membership to a bingo site, with £5 free to play with.  I used it, and made just over £20, which I have withdrawn to my bank account (just waiting for it to arrive).  That's free money :)

No comments:

Post a Comment