About Me

My photo
I'm single, broke, and in my early 30s... but thankfully decided a while ago to sort my life out once and for all; in particular to sort out my finances, and to move forward into a debt free life. I'm hoping writing a blog will help spur me on through my social life cutbacks, my successful and not-so-successful attempts at dating, my new addiction to the Sainsbury's Basics range, and the general insanity caused by the stress of money troubles.

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Valentine's Day

Well no cards, but the post has come and Lloyds TSB love me, it would appear.  They want to raise my credit card limit from £1750 to £2500!  I won't use it but I guess it doesn't hurt to have access to extra credit in case of a massive emergency (like the boiler goes in my flat I rent out).

Been a busy bee journeying up to London for R's party, hanging out with my mate S whilst up there (and celeb spotting Bill Bailey!), and yesterday having a long overdue catch up with RS. : )

Update on birthday month spends:

*£7 - present for L's birthday (her b'day = 6th Feb)
*£20 - meal out on Thursday for A's birthday (his b'day = 14th Feb)
*£17 - meal out on Friday for my birthday
*£3.90 - drinks out Friday night for B's birthday (his b'day =11th Feb)
*£36.20 - train to London for R's birthday party on Saturday (her b'day = 10th Feb - she's my birthday twin)
*£10 - to top up my Oyster card to get around London
*£8.50 - food at R's birthday party
*£36.11 - drinks at R's birthday party (buying a round is what made that so high)
*£12.54 - lunch on Sunday in London with S
*£0 - lunch meet up on Monday with RS (his b'day = 12th Feb) - he treated me : )
*£15 - extra petrol put in as been driving around so much

Still to come:

*? - petrol to holiday cottage
*? - food and drinks on holiday cottage break
*? - more petrol to get me around for the remainder of the month

Plus, to add to all of this, with my £91 saved from it being a council tax free month, I also paid £61.50 for a home contents insurance policy, as I didn't have one, and getting one was long overdue!  Nice that TopCashBack are going to give me £30.30 back for that though.  Normally I'd pay monthly but with it being such a cheap policy I didn't see the point (as you have to pay extra).  Am trying to save the remaining £29.50 left over from the rest of my council tax payment to use for something useful (rather than just splurging it on birthday meals etc.), such as putting it towards the yearly injections my kitty is due for.

Not quite sure how I still seem to be managing after all that expenditure, but I seem to have made it work (so far) with the money I already had saved, and an extra £70 or so that I was paid last Friday (for working more than my contracted minimum hours in my second job).

I suspect I might be living off toast by the end of the month though...

No comments:

Post a Comment