About Me

My photo
I'm single, broke, and in my early 30s... but thankfully decided a while ago to sort my life out once and for all; in particular to sort out my finances, and to move forward into a debt free life. I'm hoping writing a blog will help spur me on through my social life cutbacks, my successful and not-so-successful attempts at dating, my new addiction to the Sainsbury's Basics range, and the general insanity caused by the stress of money troubles.

Friday 10 February 2012

So here it is...

...urgh, the day of my birth.  And a new decade.  That is just frickin' scary when I think about it!

Thought I'd be depressed this morning but the flurry of Facebook birthday messages and text messages seems to be keeping me going.

Also, I've decided to take decisive action on the 'being single' front.  What I need is to meet more people, and ideally older people.  Nearly all the people I go out with are younger than me (or coupled up), making it hard to find an older man.  30 is therefore the year of the gym (there must be some older hotties there), and the year I join a walking group.  Yes, a walking group.  I know that sounds terribly old, but there is one near me that I went on a walk with a couple of years ago and they are all in their 30s and 40s (young for a rambler's group!).  If I'm not feeling too lazy this Sunday I'll try and join them for a walk.  Once I've been out with them a few times I'll have to pay £20something to join the Ramblers Association, but that's small fry in comparision to taking up some other activities.

Well I had New Year Resolutions, and most of them are going well, so why not have a turning 30 resolution?  My resolution is that this year will be the year of the 'washboard abs'!  No, I'm not talking men here (not that I wouldn't mind!), I'm talking about myself!  Since breaking up with the ex I've lost 9 pounds and am now 8 stone 1, and back in my size 8 clothes : )  This is pretty well where I was before I got together with him, so I'm back to normal.  However, I have never, as an adult, had the flat stomach of my teens, and so I want to go on a toning mission.  It must be possible, as I'm fairly small and only have a relatively thin layer of blubber on my belly, to get washboard abs if I try hard enough, right?  Here's hoping!

Right, I should probably get out of bed and go to the gym then...

2 comments:

  1. So now you'll consider older men...

    I've been here all along and you wait to say this after I find someone :O(

    So I'll just have to stay here and be your friend and guiding light :O)

    Happy Birthday x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww sweetie! Pleased to hear you've found someone - I want to hear all the gossip next week! xx

    ReplyDelete